Handicap’ESS is a project that pushes the boundaries of inclusion and autonomy for People with Disabilities (PWD) in South Nouakchott, Mauritania. With a modern reception center and adapted wheelchairs, the organization aims to create a safe and nurturing environment to promote the social and economic inclusion of people with disabilities and guarantee equal opportunities.
The project’s main activities are as follows:
- Setting up a “second chance” center to welcome and support people with disabilities (computer room, fitness room, literacy classes).
- Provision of 20 wheelchairs and crutches to ensure good mobility
- Organization of adapted physical and sports activities.
- Organization of adapted psychosocial follow-up and personal development sessions
- Training of people with disabilities in financial education and simplified IGA management.
- Assistance and support for 20 innovative local initiatives